Meet Lupita, also know as @Lupita.Reads on the IG world where she constantly highlights great works by underrepresented authors! We talk about the importance of seeing one’s self in the stories we read and the need to balance heavy reads with lighter ones such as Samantha Irby.
Books & Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
- So Far From God by Ana Castillo
- The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- Wow No Thank You by Samatha Irby
- Good Talk: A Memoir In Conversations by Mira Jacob